myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Way to Go California
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Still-Waters

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Still-Waters wrote:

So it sounds like they have your support- sort of.

Try studying some history mr brown shirt. Use those knuckles for more than dragging on the ground, and flip some pages or search sources outside of you biased sources and your indoctrination camps. Your Jewish history Kanye edition doesn't cut it. Mac and Dean love their higher education institutes who fuel deep hatred in the name of false virtue.

Stuff yourself virtue bigot. You should move to Baja with your fellow idiot. You two are cut from the same cloth.

No facts penetrate. Bigots are vile. That includes you. Liars are vile. That includes you and all your heroes.

Thanks for the affirmation via your deflection that you'd rather stay ignorant to actual facts and history around the Jewish culture and the history of the area. Yes you are vile, and a quasi anti-Semite through your partial support of the anti-Semitic demonstrators. Bigot. Eventually the virtue signallers always reveal their true motive and nature - deep hatred and control.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we stick to Techno's obsession with how bad a place my beloved California is? And not let ISO hijack the thread with his faux concern of my Jewish brothers and sisters ?
mac

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Objecting to the death of 35,000 non-combatants is anti-semitic? Only in the addled minds of fascist christian nationalists and their right wing stooges. Ignoring the deaths of tens of thousands of children because they are Palestinian and too poor to flee? That is bigotry.
mac

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Objecting to the death of 35,000 non-combatants is anti-semitic? Only in the addled minds of fascist christian nationalists and their right wing stooges. Ignoring the deaths of tens of thousands of children because they are Palestinian and too poor to flee? That is bigotry.
MikeLaRonde

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim, just think, if you were honest about your identities, you could delete your own duplicate post, and no one would bat an eye. Laughing

I'd love to seriously comment on this subject, eventually, assuming if I'm reasonably confident that the R.E.S.T.R.I.C.T. act (NOT the same as that BS which just passed) won't pass, because that BS would be/have been retroactive, right?
And that could be a dicey situation, especially when you have anonymous x-hole moderators randomly locking threads without explanation.

Of course, I could instead just make jokes and photo-shocks. But wait, there are pro comedians and artists out there, so let's hear from them first!

J.P. Sears
https://choiceclips.whatfinger.com/2024/05/06/why-the-best-protestors-wear-masks-awaken-with-jp/

Ben Garrison
https://grrrgraphics.com/if-college-protest-signs-told-the-truth/

Note: I do not necessarily agree with these clowns. Honestly, I'm kind of disappointed in them both Shocked
Still-Waters

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeLaRonde wrote:
Jim, just think, if you were honest about your identities, you could delete your own duplicate post, and no one would bat an eye. Laughing

I'd love to seriously comment on this subject, eventually, assuming if I'm reasonably confident that the R.E.S.T.R.I.C.T. act (NOT the same as that BS which just passed) won't pass, because that BS would be/have been retroactive, right?
And that could be a dicey situation, especially when you have anonymous x-hole moderators randomly locking threads without explanation.

Of course, I could instead just make jokes and photo-shocks. But wait, there are pro comedians and artists out there, so let's hear from them first!

J.P. Sears
https://choiceclips.whatfinger.com/2024/05/06/why-the-best-protestors-wear-masks-awaken-with-jp/

Ben Garrison
https://grrrgraphics.com/if-college-protest-signs-told-the-truth/

Note: I do not necessarily agree with these clowns. Honestly, I'm kind of disappointed in them both Shocked

Don't hold your breath....I'm still waiting for an accurate historical account with some sort of timeline of conflicts and resolutions, and detailed breakdowns of casualties, and the type of casualties and comparisons. It seems Mac's specialty is quick search grabs to stoke his virtue signalling and fake outrage, and his usual go to, source bias bashing, while he and his Baja brah post a never ending slew of biased sources. Let the hate filled bigotry continue on their favorite campuses, and fully supported by these two dimwits. This is academia at its finest?
techno900

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A waste of $20 billion?

From the LA Times:

Quote:
Bipartisan lawmakers are questioning how the state has spent billions of dollars to address homelessness.

Democrats and Republicans expressed frustration Monday as they grilled Gov. Gavin Newsom's top housing officials in a tense legislative hearing about how billions of state dollars have been spent on the worsening homelessness crisis.

The hearing by the Assembly budget subcommittee on accountability and oversight came after a state audit released last month found that California has failed to adequately track the outcomes of its vast spending on homelessness programs, raising questions about efficacy and transparency.

California has spent more than $20 billion over the past five years to help people get off the streets, but homelessness has continued to rise — jumping by 6% in 2023 to more than 180,000 people. California has been the state with the largest homeless population for more than a decade, according to the latest federal data.

The audit raised concerns in the Legislature about whether the spending has worked and could hamper requests by cities and counties for more money to address the crisis as the state faces a massive budget deficit.

Assemblymember Phil Ting (D-San Francisco) hammered Newsom officials Monday, demanding data regarding how specific programs have worked to get homeless people sheltered. The officials repeatedly said the information is not yet available.

"You come to a budget committee, and there’s no numbers," Ting said. "How many people have we helped? How many people are off the street? … Because that's what the public wants to know. What's the money been spent on?"

Meghan Marshall, executive officer of the California Interagency Council on Homelessness, said the system is undergoing a "transformation," and officials are still working on reporting requirements mandated by a law Newsom signed in 2021.
mac

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techno poses a credible source! I agree with his concern! I'll wait for him to actually propose some sensible response, but I imagine he will soon join the other trolls.

Homelessness is a terrible problem with multiple causes. Local governments are at the point of the spear, and generally don't have the tools, staffing, or expertise to address it. I've worked with City Managers of both Berkeley and Oakland on their approach, and what it would mean to the human health and water quality problems I was dealing with. Both developed some approaches (port-a-potties, trash collection, some social services) but they were mostly just temporary coping mechanisms. Neither city devoted much of their resources to establishing sanctioned camping areas, affordable housing targeting the homeless population. Most of the temporary housing of the homeless during the pandemic came from state fundings that placed them in hotels and motels that were vacant. But there needed to be screening so you didn't place a drug addled psychotic in a room where he would set a fire. Meanwhile, "frequent flyers", psychotics who would overdose and then get sent to an ER room in an ambulance, cost millions that couldn't then be spent on solutions.

The successes local governments had in getting people off the streets were small in terms of the problem, and nearly every local government failed to develop metrics that tracked what happened to people, how successful efforts to get them off the street were, and so forth. Mostly just whack-a-mole. Those two cities are resource starved and not well suited culturally to keep track of their efforts and determine what is working and what is not. That is a valid criticism, and well placed coming from the state, which provided most of the money. It has to change.

As far as root causes, the trolls will ignore the aspects of the real estate industry’s control of the political system--and wealthy families control of the drug making system--that contributed to this problem. Conversions of rental unit to air B and B's took about 1000 units off the market in Berkeley. Single room occupancy hotels in Oakland and San Francisco, which had housed our alkies for decades, were redeveloped and sold as condos. The tech business bid up the cost of housing immensely--as did the University of California's admission of about 10,000 more students, focusing on out of state and out of country students who were richer and could pay more rent. Then there was the control of the industry over Congress and Trump, which made it attractive to launder money by buying US real estate in cities (Trump's business model). The lack of enforcement for money laundering and tax systems made it possible to hold units vacant speculatively rather than lower rents. Finally, the marketing of opiates by the rich folks like the Sackler--who made addiction easier and then backed their money out when the piper came calling.

I'll wait for constructive ideas about what to do with these contributing factors.
techno900

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now my tax dollars are going to be flushed down the California toilet.

Quote:
Who says the Biden Administration isn’t productive? Every day it seems to issue a new and costly regulation, and every day it announces another giant grant for its political allies. The latest example is a redundant six-mile subway in Silicon Valley that will cost more than NASA’s new Mars mission.

The Federal Transit Administration last week announced a $500 million down payment for the project and is expected to finalize a $6 billion award later this year. This new underground line will extend the Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) through San Jose and Santa Clara, which are already served by the region’s Caltrain and public buses.

A decade ago, the duplicative subway was estimated to cost $4.4 billion and open in 2026. Local transportation planners wanted BART to “ring” the San Francisco Bay. Estimated costs have since ballooned to $12.75 billion—$2.1 billion a mile—owing to inflation and engineering changes. Now service isn’t expected to start until 2037.

Biden officials also recently handed California another $3.1 billion for its bullet train to nowhere. Recall that the Obama Administration conditioned several billions of dollars in stimulus funding on the first segment being built in the Central Valley district of Rep. Jim Costa, a longtime bullet-train supporter who provided a critical vote for ObamaCare.

The train’s first 170-mile leg between Merced and Bakersfield isn’t expected to be done for another nine years at a cost of $35 billion. NASA’s Mars rover will return to earth before the 500-mile train—with an estimated $128 billion price—is finished, if it ever is.

Undaunted, the Administration recently awarded $3 billion to a bullet train from Las Vegas to Rancho Cucamonga (population: 176,336), an hour east of Los Angeles. The project’s developer says round-trip prices may run around $400—more than twice as much as a plane fare. Biden officials hope the train will be a re-election ticket for Nevada Sen. Jacky Rosen, who has repeatedly boasted about her role in promoting the Vegas train.

From the WSJ
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries Techno...The NASDAQ is at an all-time high today. What does that mean to you? well, 50% of the market cap of NASDAQ is located right here in the Golden State. And the MASSIVE Federal taxes they pay will support many expenditures around the country. In fact , for every $1.60 in FED taxes CA residents like ME pay, CA gets $1.00 in return. So, I would like to request .60c from you Techno, assuming NC is a revenue neutral state. Please Venmo me when you get the chance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: